Upholstered Headboard, revisited

I realized today that I never updated the blog with the completed upholstered headboard. To give it a finished touch, I hammered in bronze furniture nails. Easier said than done… I’m not sure if it was the plywood, the nails, my lack of muscle, or (most likely) a combination of the three, but this took FOREVER!

I realized quickly that I lack the ability to eyeball a straight line, so I used my water soluble embroidery pen and a straight edge to make a guide. I then used my thumb to space out the nails. The burlap was forgiving and hid all the holes from the many (MANY) nails that needed to be removed. Most nails would go in fine until at first and then bend. After the fact, I talked with a friend who does this often and said she pre-drills holes.

So here it is- the good, the bad, and the ugly. No blood was shed during this project, so I consider that a win, and I love the finished product, but I’n in no rush to use finishing nails again.

20140729-145817-53897600.jpg20140729-145818-53898450.jpg20140729-145819-53899440.jpg20140729-145820-53900002.jpg

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s